Apowerful harchback that bring the heat
The Golf GTI
Athletic, powerful, distinctive. For over four decades the Golf GTI has been an icon. The car that other cars have aspired to be. With little to prove, but much to offer! The Golf GTI embodies pure driving enjoyment and plenty of goosebumps moments.Book a Test Drive
The Golf GTI - Not for the faint hearted
Gives your more. Especially more fune
True athletes like the Golf GTI let the facts speak for themselves – and then let them sink in:
- 169 kW (230 hp)
- 350 Nm of torque
- From 0 to 100 km/h in 6.4 seconds
- Combined fuel consumption of 6.6L/100km
Time to take a spin
The standard ESP with electronic differential lock builds up a precise amount of brake pressure to create a sportier, speedier and more targeted response when cornering. The progressive steering function, also fitted as standard, increases the driving dynamics thanks to a more direct steering response. For you, that means an increased level of control and comfort while cornering – which means plenty of smiles in the Golf GTI.
Sports Running Gear
You've never been so close to the road
15 mm less. Nothing else is needed to take the handling and driving enjoyment of the Golf GTI to unprecedented heights. The reason? The stiffer tuning of the springs, shock absorbers and anti-roll bars in its standard sports running gear. So, it’s high time to unleash your speed demon.
The perfect racing environment
So you prefer a sportier style of driving? Then take a seat in the Golf GTI. Even the vehicle interior exudes GTI Sport at its finest. The facts:
- Multifunction steering wheel with leather trim and GTI logo
- Pedal caps made from brushed stainless steel
- Standard: Sports front bucket seats with 'Clark' seat material. Manually adjustable front seats. Optional: Vienna leather perforated upholstery with heated front seats & electronically adjustable drivers seat with memory function
- Red illuminated sill panel trim
- GTI-specific instruments
- Sporty decorative trim with GTI-specific honeycomb structure
A legendary appearance
The Golf GTI is a credit to its name. However, you’ll know it’s an athlete even before you’ve seen its name.
- Front: Narrow headlights, honeycomb radiator grille, black gloss air vents, red GT trim strip, bold bumpers
- Side: Sport side skirts, GTI lettering with logo
- Rear: Matt black, grained diffuser, chrome-plated exhaust pipes on the left and right, rear spoiler, LED tail light cluster and number plate light
The Golf GTI TCR limited edition
40 units. August 2020
The GTI is about to be overtaken
Introducing the limited edition Golf GTI TCR, the motorsport-inspired road version of the racing car of the same name and two-time overall winner of the TCR race series. As the road version of the TCR racing series, the Golf GTI TCR really doesn’t hang around. It delivers facts. So let’s do that too.
Motorsport as far as the eye can see
The Golf GTI TCR exudes one thing – motorsport: The Golf GTI TCR will turn more heads and serve up a more rewarding drive with its unmistakable design, power, and performance.
The 2.0 litre turbo engine of the new Golf GTI TCR delivers 213kW (at 5,900 to 6,400 rpm). The maximum torque of 380Nm lies between 1,700 and 5,800rpm – this wide torque plateau ensures equally superior as well as agile drive characteristics.
All these promise a driving experience like no other.
Symbols of its dominance
Golf GTI TCR exclusive bumper with honeycomb structured air intakes, exclusive red brake callipers – GTI TCR exclusive honeycomb structure side decals, exclusive GTI TCR “Carbon” exterior mirror housings and rear diffuser.
More than just visual effect
The colour-keyed distinctive roof spoiler provides for reduced lift, improving driving stability even further.
Leave the spinning to others
Looking for sportiness? Sounds good. With the standard 19“ “Reifnitz” matt black wheels – the Golf GTI TCR is and remains unmistakeably sporty.
Front Assist with City Emergency Braking
A moment of shock? Not in your Golf
The standard Front Assist with City Emergency Braking can warn you in the event of critical situations, support you with braking or even automatically apply the brake in an emergency.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Lots of traffic? Not a problem
ACC Adaptive Cruise Control is standard across the Golf hatch range. It lets you set the speed you want to travel and the gap you want to allow between you and the car in front. In doing so, it makes life easier for the driver, while reducing the risk of exceeding the speed limit.
Blind Spot Monitor
Your Golf: built-in look over the shoulder
The Blind Spot Monitor warns you about vehicles in your blind spot using an LED indicator in the exterior mirror1. If you still attempt to change lanes despite the warning, it starts to flash to attract more attention. The integrated Rear Traffic Alert warns you if any vehicles start to approach when you are reversing out of a parking space. If you fail to respond to its warning, the system can 'prevent' a collision by applying the brake.
8" Infotainment System
Easy to read and easy to operate. A wide range of apps are available via your smartphone, keeping you connected and informed.
‘Discover Media’ navigation system Easy on the ears and eyes: the navigation system ‘Discover Media’.
- 8 in TFT-LCD colour display with touchscreen with proximity sensor
- FM radio and diversity aerial for ideal reception
- 8 speakers with 4x20 Watt output
- MP3-ready CD player
- Two SD card slots and one USB port (type A)
- Suitable for mobile phone connection via Bluetooth
Use your apps in your Volkswagen as well
The apps from your phone in your car
Access your smartphone’s screen, selected apps, maps, and music through App-Connect on your car's touchscreen. You can do this thanks to three innovative technologies: Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink® interfaces. The App-Connect allows you to conveniently use selected apps and content right in your Volkswagen, that is easier than ever.
Features & Model
Features of GTI
- 18" Milton Keynes alloy wheels
- GTI Sports Suspension
- Driving Profile Selection
- 8" Discover Media Satellite Navigation system
- Exclusive GTI interior and exterior features
- Active Info Display
- KESSY: Keyless entry and starting system
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. A Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
- 4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather