Limitless freedom on four wheels
Sleeping under the stars. Being wakened by the soothing rushing of the sea in the morning. Discovering our kiwi back yard and been on the road while still feeling at home: the California 6.1 literally is pure freedom. With its comfortable interior and well thought-out details, it transforms every trip into an unforgettable adventure. Savour your independence and travel wherever the road takes you. With everything you need right there with you.Book a Test Drive
A fully equipped kitchen
A whole world in the kitchen
Homemade burgers or fresh fish from the sea: in the California, you can try out your kiwi favourites in your very own kitchen. Equipped with a gas hob with two rings, a fridge to store your chilled goods and a sink to wash up
Perfect sleeping conditions
Sleep like you’re on your perfect holiday
There’s not always a hotel to stay at your favourite secret spots out on the road. Unless you have your own with you: with its spacious loft bed, the California offers you enough space and comfort to dream about your best holiday moments and fall asleep with the calming rushing of waves in your ears.
A home everywhere
Discover new hotspots, cultures and beaches every day. And yet always feel at home. The California is your home on the road. Its spacious interior provides plenty of room to spread yourself out. And plenty of space for your favourite cuddly toy or holiday reading. Cook, sleep, relax – just like at home. Only with the whole world at your doorstep
A good journey
Just right. For the town and beach.
The California 6.1 is perfect for a road trip to the coast. And for shopping in the urban jungle. Thanks to its compact dimensions and passenger car-like handling, it’s truly the right companion and entertainer: with the digital cockpit, you can use the touch display of the Infotainment systems and the leather-covered multifunction steering wheel to call up the perfect holiday soundtrack. And the “Discover Pro” navigation systems always guides you to your next dream destination.
- Digital progress: in the California 6.1, you can get an up-close experience with digital progress.
- Two navigation maps: in a high-resolution 3D view.
- Playlist from your smartphone: simply connect and listen to your personalised holiday soundtrack.
- Overview of vehicle data: key information in your line of vision.
More comfort more connectivity
The California 6.1 makes your journey as comfortable as possible with intelligent mobile online services and next-generation infotainment systems. The new infotainment systems are fully touchscreen and feature redesigned graphics.Book a Test Drive
Discover Media Pro
Discover Media Pro
Make the most of the Discover Media's large touchscreen and connectivity to stay informed on the road. The 2D/2.5D navigation comes with maps displaying a range of useful information such as points of interest and speed limits. To help you avoid congestion, this system even offers you three routes – fast, short and eco-friendly – using live traffic updates.
- 9.2" colour touchscreen with proximity sensor
- Two USB type C ports
Multi-function leather steering wheel
As well as offering grip and comfort for hours at the wheel, the multi-function leather steering wheel gives you fingertip control of functions including the radio and cruise control.
Always there for you
Be prepared for almost anything with the safety systems in the Califronia 6.1. The driving systems can safely intervene, helping to reduce the risk of accidents on the road.Book a Test Drive
As part of the Electronic Stabilisation System (ESP), this applies the brakes if the vehicle encounters a strong crosswind. Standard across the T6.1 range, this feature is activated automatically when travelling above km/h.
Available as standard, Lane Assist countersteers the vehicle if the driver unintentionally drifts from a lane. The system also emits audible and visual warnings via the multi-function display to alert the driver of danger.
This standard feature aids positioning into parking spaces. When reverse gear is engaged, the vehicle automatically assumes control of the steering. All the driver has to do is operate the clutch, accelerator and brake.
Available as standard, Side Protection alerts you with visual and audible warnings if you're getting too close to other vehicles, pillars, walls or pedestrians.
Adaptive Cruise Control
The standard Adaptive Cruise Control ACC automatically adapts your speed to that of the vehicle driving in front and maintains the distance set by the drive - remaining within the set speed.
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. A Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
- 4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather